Feb 11, 2012

The Sole Tear



This piece of writing was published on TEDx AlexandriaU Blog

I’m still roaming in the sky, viewing life from above in a futile attempt to capture traces of the diminishing beauty therein, the beauty that the dark fire of injustice and bloody violence consumed the bulk of it only to give way to vague ugliness to prevail.

Inadvertently, a tear fell from me, fell amid the fangs of the raging fire which swallowed it ferociously. My sole tear will never put it out, I know, but at least its fragrant vapor lingering on the smoggy horizon may be smelled by others, compelling a rainbow of hope to reluctantly manifest itself under the thin rays of sunlight that poke every now and then through the cracks between the overcast clouds.

By Noha Fathi  

4 comments:

  1. I Love the way you describe your feelings......
    You are an excellent writer :) Masha'Allah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thnx a lot ... glad to see ur comment.. It's much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are indeed an excellent writer, when are you going to get that book finished.

    Ahmed

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much for ur comment .. I do appreciate it :)
    ermm in reality,I didn't start writing any books but I really hope to publish a book one day :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...